In September 2014, VITO (Flemish Institute for Technological Research) and TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute, India) organize the 4th edition of the i-SUP conference, aiming at Innovation & Innovative Sustainable Production. The focus lies on growth by solving the societal challenges of tomorrow and how industry can achieve this in close co-operation with innovation institutes and investors. Tackling the innovation challenges with an integrated consortium offers perspectives for new breakthroughs.
This international event assembles experts from different disciplines & technologies on their proper domain, while offering the opportunity to join up and exchange knowledge and experience from other fields of innovation and technology to enhance innovative methods for a sustainable production.
The previous i-SUP conferences attracted over 500 participants from more than 30 countries. This clearly demonstrates the importance of sharing information, integration and implementation of new sustainable innovations by companies, investors, authorities and users.
i-SUP2014 will gather these players again, this time in Antwerp, city of diamonds, fashion and creativity. But above all, Antwerp is an international scene for innovation in industrial harbour activities. The city is situated in one of the most industrialized regions of Europe and is part of a powerful maritime logistics network together with its neighbouring harbours.
What can you expect?
- The participation of internationally renowned speakers
- An inspiring CEO-summit – the Captains of Industry Roundtable
- To meet Cleantech Group Advisory Board members, consisting of top-tier European cleantech venture capitalists as well as some strategic corporations and professional service firms.
- Celebration of two year Flanders Innovation hub for Sustainable Chemistry and its creation of a new investment ecology
- Set up of Blue Chem incubation centre
- A regional spotlight on Flanders as a place of investment in Europe
- VITO innovation village – demonstration of practical examples of sustainable industrial technologies
- Practical case studies and a vision for TOMORROW, where PPP (People, Planet, Profit) and sustainable GROWTH will form the focus
- Attendance of over 500 participants, whereby industrial partners, policy makers and investors play a prominent role throughout the entire programme
- Extensive opportunities for networking
- An intensive social programme
- Press attendance