TERI and VITO are organizing a CEO Roundtable (an “on invitation only”-event) as curtain raiser for the i-SUP conference on September 1 in the afternoon.
This CEO Roundtable will bring prominent global and national industry leaders and European policy makers together to discuss the impact and stimulus of the European union on the needed economic growth.
The roundtable discussion will amongst other focus on addressing questions such as :
- How can a government stimulate the necessary economic growth while taking into account sustainability goals?
- What is the purpose/sense of posing targets (e.g. use of 20 % recyclable materials or the 20/20/20 policy of the EU for renewable energy) by a government (EU, Flanders) when insufficient technological solutions are available at economic affordable costs in a globalized economic world ?
These issues become more and more important as EU regulation pervades economic policies but should be considered both with stimulating growth in a globalized economy while reaching for true sustainable targets.
The conference and thus the roundtable discussion will focus on the following sectors: chemicals, energy and materials management.
The output of this roundtable discussion will be used to send a strong signal to European and Flemish policymakers.
Already confirmed participants:
- Alain Bernard, DEME, CEO
- Alfons Goos, ABB, Country Manager Benelux
- Egbert Lox, UMICORE, Senior Vice President Government Affairs
- Florian Kongoli, FLOGEN TECHNOLOGIES, Executive President, CEO
- Graciela Chichilnisky, GLOBAL THERMOSTAT, CEO and Co-Founder
- Hans Bruyninckx, European Environment Agency, Executive Director
- Henny De Baets, OVAM, Administrateur generaal
- Jacques Vandermeiren, ELIA, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
- Jan Peter Balkenende, ERNST & YOUNG, Partner Corporate Responsibility
- Joost Van Roost, EXXON, President Esso Benelux, Esso Nederland B.V.
- Laurent Lenoir, TAMINCO, CEO
- H.E. Dasho Paljor Jigmie Dorji, GOVERNMENT OF BHUTAN, Deputy Minister & Special Advisor
- Peter Eisenberger, GLOBAL THERMOSTAT, Professor at Columbia University
- Philip Heylen, STAD ANTWERPEN, Schepen van cultuur, economie, stads- en buurtonderhoud, patrimonium en erediensten
- Rajendra K. Pachauri, Director-General TERI, Chairman Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Ronnie Belmans, KUL - Energyville, CEO EnergyVille
- Wouter De Geest, BASF, Managing Director
- Alexis Brouhns, SOLVAY, Group Government & Public Affairs General Manager
- Rudy Aernoudt, Director of Cabinet, European Economic and Social Committee
- Ajit Sapre, RELIANCE INDUSTRIES, Group President R&T
- Anton van Beek, DOW, President Benelux
- Christiane Malcorps, SOLVAY, Country manager Belgium
- Jan Grauls, EY, Senior Advisor
- Jos Peeters, CAPRICORN, Managing Partner
- Jonas Geerinck, THE BOSTON CONSULTING GROUP, Principal
- Philippe De Backer, EU PARLIAMENT
- Rudi Braes, EY, Managing Partner
- Tom Heyman, JANSSEN PHARMA, CEO
- Sean Klein, Media Consultant & Journalist – Former Brussels Bureau Chief, BBC News (moderator)